Saturday 5 April 2014

Angelfall

Penryn and the end of days series - Angelfall                       3.5 Stars
Author - Susan Ee
Angelfall is a book that I really enjoyed to live in for a while. It was another one of those post apocolyptic type books where the end of the world has happened and the majority of the human race has been wiped out, by angels. 

This was interesting, to say the least, and what I liked about it most was the fact that I had never read anything like it. I struggled to start off with, only because the style of writing was so different to what I was used to, but after trudging through the first few chapters I really started to dig this story, especially how interested I was in the character, Raffe. 

Clearly it was one of those stories about a human who befriends an unlikely ally, who is actually one of the bad guys - an angel who is on the run from his kind for some unknown reason for the time being and he is grounded - after having his wings cut off in the very first chapter. Raffe has to rely on Penryn, the protagonist of this story, and she needs to help Raffe because hes the only source to finding her little crippled sister, who was taken by the angels to their aerie. 

The journey they take together is very fun, I would say is the best word and once I got into this book it turned into the kind of book you don't want to put down until it's all over. I will say the ending was heart breaking and heart warming all in one go. Raffe leaving, thinking that Penryn is dead, and giving her body back to the humans, risking his own life? Holy jesus, just kill me now because I'll die happy. It was so beautiful and the worst thing was that when I first read this book, the second was years from being released. Good thing the second book is out now and Im about to dive into it. Review to come!

Basically I gave this book a 3.5 because, yes it was different, the characters were great and the story turned into a wonderful one - however I did struggle a little in the beginning to get into it, but that's just me. Hope you guys enjoy it too!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment